Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cruisin'

       Last June I took on a hobby that I have grown to love. Not only is this hobby fun and calming, but it is stress relieving and great for your body. I got a cruiser for my birthday and have been attached ever since. This skateboard allows me to get exercise in a way more entertaining way than crunches, squats and running.
      My balance has improved greatly since the summer from cruising. This means a lot to me because I lost a lot of balance having two knee surgeries a couple years ago. I went to orthopedic training to improve my balance which helped, but to me, not as significantly as riding a cruiser board. I can notice a positive difference while playing soccer from declining the balance issue that used to be way worse. Balance contributes to athleticism and overall fitness just as lunging while pushing myself up hills works out my muscles and burns calories. This will be a hobby that I will use to get exercise and entertainment for as long as my body will allow me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment